Friday, September 24, 2010

The trunk and me

 Cleaning. Then gonna read, write and relax. Part of me is wishing I had a family to clean for. And not a bachlorette type apartment. Wanting to make dinner, wash dishes, paint with the kids while listening to worship music, give baths and tell bedtime stories! Then the other part of me is loving her solace. Alone time with The Prince of Peace. Hoping one day I can manifest the alone time spent with Him to my family. Him Loving all of them through me...  
(Being a little transparent.)




 If I'll ever be thee, Let me be like the trunk of a tree...
Lord, make me like the trunk of a tree!
Deep and secure, my roots gripping You tightly!
Lord make me strong like the trunk of a tree.
So my family can cling to me.
Let my roots drink from Your water to quench me.
I know if I am your cup, I can love them unconditionally.
When the storms come, they can hold onto me.
Because I am like the trunk of a tree.
And we won't be shaken, because I am in You and You are in me.
My roots are what help me to see.
Let me have Your eyes, and a strong woman to them I will be.
A mother, a wife. Truly.
Please Lord, I must be like the trunk of a tree.
For all the times, they will need me.
If Your heart beats in my chest, You can be what they will need You to be....through me.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful poem Michelle... I love trees, especially the old ones still standing strong.

    You will have a family one day I am sure... and whilst you will love it dearly, you will remember the peace and quiet you could enjoy anytime you wanted to, when you were single lol.

    ReplyDelete