Sunday, February 13, 2011

I like your heart, 2/13/11

On Saturday nights, we meet in Arlington for a "house" bible study. And though I totally look forward for the day that I am with the masses, I thoroughly enjoy "house" bible studies. They are so relaxed and intimate. The pastor doesn't feel far away. I like that. And a lot of the people feel like family. Which I love.

(Since this is my blog, I can say whatever I want, and I really want to say this before I go on!)
I want to say that I just love my pastor (and his family). I am so thankful for him. I can't express in words to the Lord, how grateful I am that He led me to him. I adore his heart and hunger. I love his passion for the Lord. It's like a fanning to my flame. I fall in love with the revelation that he releases EVERY time. He brings the Lord to me time and time again in such a beautiful way. So I just want to say that I feel really blessed to have him over me. He has been a pastor to me, a friend and a big brother (his wife too!! and I absolutely love their children.) He has truly been a shepherd. And I say this because (1) This is "I like your heart" series. (2) I am about to write about a word released by him ast night, so I wanted to paint a picture of my relationship with him. He's great. The Lord is making him great. You know when Paul says "follow me as I follow Christ."? I get it. Because I love the Lord in Him. I love the spiritual fruit that I see. I love his heart that I know it's more and more the Lords. And I want that for myself. Not exact. We all have different anointings and giftings. But it's the hunger and passion and love. The confidence in his relationship with the Lord.

And I just want to say to all of you, that if you don't see fruit in your pastors life...if your pastor, man or woman, doesn't set you on fire for the Lord, by the revelation he releases, you should really rethink the system you are in. The word of God awakens. It opens your eyes and ears to Jesus Christ. And begins to transform you into His bride. Who starts to look like Him more and more as a relationship grows. It shouldn't be dead. At all. The Holy Spirit is alive. And if He is in your pastor and your pastor is in submission to the Holy Spirit and not his own mind, there should be a change happening within you. And then you should be beginning to develop a relationship with the Lord in your life everyday. It doesn't just stay at "church". It's your life. I'm just saying that because I want everyone to experience Jesus in a greater way. I really do.

Last night Pastor Wayland, released a word on the New Testament vs. The Old Testament. He wasn't AT ALL saying that the Old Testament is done away with. But that the New Testament reveals what the Old Testament was always meant to be. He got into 2 Cor 3. Talking about how their was/is a veil over the Old Testament. And with that veil on, the Israelites took what the Lord was trying to reveal to them literally. For instance....building a tabernacle for the Lord to dwell in. They missed it. Because what the Lord was trying to show them was, that they were to be the tabernacle that He dwelt in. But they built a natural tabernacle. Which I don't know if that was necessarily wrong. But that's where they stopped. They didn't see a picture of themselves. Also in 2 cor 3 Paul was revealing that WE are supposed to be The Book written on. Our hearts are supposed to be written on by the Holy Spirit. Others are supposed to see Jesus Christ written on our hearts. We are supposed to be "the message". The Bible was never meant to be something we just read. Or something we just get "knowledge" out of. It was never meant to be just words. Or something that sits on the shelf. That we pick up sometimes when we feel like. It was always supposed to be JESUS. The revelation of who He is. It's supposed to be alive. It was supposed to be written on people. So now we have to allow the Holy Spirit to remove the veils off of our minds, our eyes and ears. We have to allow the Holy Spirit to undress Jesus to us. And allow the revelation of what the Holy Spirit reveals to be written on our hearts. Not just knowledge in our minds. But experiencing who He is. In our lives. The Lord was trying to reveal Jesus to them, then. But they missed it. He doesn't want us to miss it anymore. He doesn't want us to go on without Him. He doesn't want to be on pages anymore. He wants to be in our hearts. He wants every false image of Himself to perish. Because that leads people to spiritual death. And natural destruction. And just because you might feel "ok" in your life right now, do you think that's all that God has for you? Not just naturally, but spiritually. A satisfaction for your soul that will go on into eternity. And just because you might feel "ok", there is ugly darkness all over the world, that the Lord doesn't desire to be here. Rape, molestation. Slavery. Suicide. Depression. Oppression. Stress that leads to physical illness. CANCER. Children being tortured and abused. Orphans. People ALL OVER feeling unloved and unwanted. Woman being taken, drugged and the sold for sex. That's NOT His desire. He wants to turn things back around from the first Adam. It's time for the second Adam. Not a fallen mankind. But a resurrected mankind. We have to wonder what we are ruled by. What moves us. What's in our minds and hearts? And the thing is, He wants to be that. Because the world looks like what rules us as mankind. He wants us to be His throne. I can't even fathom His desire for us. I can't at all. I want to! Because if I can understand that more and feel it, I know I will desire others more. I will want them as if He does. And it will drive me. To allow Him to rule in me. To write on me. And I can live showing people who Jesus really is. Giving them Life. Bringing them to safety. Loving them. Really, really loving them. Compassion for their souls. Our arms, His.

Because seriously? How can we just sit back being "ok" when others aren't. How is that even right? Don't we want to give? Don't we want to do something about it? We can!!! We can give ourselves to Jesus. Yehovah is Yasha (to be open, wide or free. To be safe. Free or Succor. Deliver. Help. Preserve. Rescue. Salvation. Save (-iour). Get victory. To be liberated. To save from moral troubles.) And we can work with Him. We can't do it on our own. And we need Him where we're not really "ok". And where we are confused. Or unsure. Or stuck. Where we feel like we just can't do "it". Whatever "it" may be. It's ok. Of course we can't do "it". That's where He comes in. That's where we say...I give up! I need You!! We can allow Him to Love on us. And breathe His Life in us. We can allow Him to put His salve on our wounds. To heal us and restore us. To help us forgive. To soften our hearts where they are rock hard. We can allow Him to shatter all we think that isn't His reality. So we can see Him clearly and know Him like we know our best friends. And bring that into the world. So darkness can be defeated. It's possible and it's gonna happen. It has happened, it is happening and going to happen in a greater way. He ended with this. "Jesus didn't die for us to go to Heaven, but for Heaven to come to Earth."

I was thinkin one day at nap time..."every day these kids can experience the Lord through me." I want that! They deserve that. They need that. Ya know? But it's not just kids that need it. God knows, I need it...

I promise you this isn't to any, one.
It's just my heart.
It's not all of his message from last night. But it's pieces of it along with my heart.

It's a cruel world. Even though sometimes we don't like to acknowledge it. And anything can happen at any given moment. It's a scary thought. But not so scary with Him. Not so scary with Faith. The evidence and substance of Him in your life.

Let the Bride of Christ arise.
And show the world Light and Love.

Amen.
MLB




No comments:

Post a Comment