Friday, March 11, 2011

Blown away by Joseph!


I've been tellin the kids about Joseph. And every time I get to the end of the story, I feel like I could cry. I'm telling the story, and I am going through all this anguish with Joseph. All these incidents and situations blind siding him. I'm lookin at the kids and they too are really feelin for him as I'm telling them about all thes...e unfair, unfortunate things that are happening to him. When I get to the end, I ask them...how do you think Joseph treated his brothers when they came back? We all look at each other. And I could feel and know the two sides that are being pondered in their minds. The human side, that wants to treat them bad. They hurt him! They caused him to go through all that. But then there's God's side. And they know somehow that after all that, Joseph has God in him. So they respond by telling me, that he accepts them and feeds them. And I'm like "how beautiful is that?" We're all blown away by Joseph's forgiveness. And how he went through all that for a purpose. In the end being what his brothers needed. Loving them still. How? Because in all that suffering, God's heart was formed in him. It had to have been. Because without God's heart in him, Joseph could have never forgave them. He never turned away from God. And I'm sure at times He felt like God had turned away from him. But He didn't. God loved Joseph and He loved the people that Joseph was able to save during the famine. Especially his family. Here's to Joseph's endurance and God's unconditional Love! And to the children who are falling in love with their Maker! : )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment