Friday, March 21, 2014

Five minute Friday: Joy

Five Minute Friday

3/21/14
Joy.
When I think about Joy I think about how mine has been robbed. And I don’t want to make this about pity or any kind of negative. It’s just truth. I’ve had joy. I know joy. It’s all around me pretty much all the time. God is good and He has been so good to me in a million ways. I have felt so much like His daughter. One that He loves and adores and provides for. His Grace and provision in an on my life has been overwhelming.
But…
I have also been robbed many, many times. I don’t want to wear this face that says “I’m happy all the time” or “I have joy all the time” when I don’t. I want people to see the real me and know that, I’ve struggled with insecurity and identity and anxiety and fear so much. And it’s robbed me of my joy. And they’ve forced themselves in my life. Many times I have opened up the door and they just rush in and take over and next thing I know, I can’t find joy. I have hope that there will be a day that I’m not robbed and I will be completely free from these things. But for now they still barge in. And consume my house. 

MLB

3 comments:

  1. Thank you MLB for sharing your heart and being so real. Blessings to you. Lord bless this house hold with peace and joy, fill this home with Your presence. In Jesus Name Amen...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think that I was meant to be the blogger who posted right after you so that I could come and read your post today . You have said exactly what I am feeling. And I believe in keeping it real. The only difference is I don't know if I have ever felt JOY so that I would know what it is I have been robbed of. Thank you so much for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might laugh, but I thought MLB was major league baseball--and I wondered if you were a baseball nut like my good friend! :) Anyway, I also wish for you to have some unadulterated joy today. Blessings to you from this FMF gal.

    ReplyDelete