Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Mighty

Five Minute Friday


I am so excited and proud to announce that I have started doing Five Minute Friday with my students. This was our first week. It's incredibly special and is major blessing to our classroom. With all the heaviness from the STAAR we need this! We need a moment to get lost in writing and to sit with each other and enjoy each other...listening to the hearts and minds of all the parts of our class family.

I have three classes each day. I write all three times with them for 5 minutes straight on the given prompt.

Mighty with 4A
When I think of mighty, I think of strong-I think of superhero strong or God strong. The kind of strong that is more than humans. The kind of strong that saves people. That beats bad guys. That loves people that have been hurt and comforts them. When I think of mighty, I think of no fear-courage. Someone that fights for good or what's right. Was Martin Luther King Jr. "mighty"? He didn't have strong muscles, but he has a strong heart. So, does physical strength make you mighty? Or could it be an inner strength...

Mighty with 4C
In my last writing I started talking about how mighty is strong. I ended up bringing up Martin Luther King Jr. I felt in my heart at that moment that he was a mighty man. Mighty doesn't have to be physically strong. You don't need strong muscles to be mighty. Maybe it's a strong heart that you need. A strong heart to do the right thing. To love others. To fight for them. To not get so caught up in ourselves or the situation and be a part of something that turns the world upside down (That's what he told his mama.).Without violence or hurting another back when they hurt you. THAT take courage.

Mighty with 4B
Mighty is powerful. I keep thinking of the phrase "mighty to save". It's a quote from the Bible. It says God is mighty to save. I believe that means He has the power to save. Think of what that might mean. What do we need saved from? It's everything bad in the earth. Sickness. Depression. A hurting heart. We also might need to be saved from things that might be in us. Maybe we don't like ourselves and we think bad things about our self. Maybe we're really mean to others. God is mighty to save us from those things. I don't always understand it, but maybe it's not about understanding-maybe it's about trusting a God that says He wants to and can.

Ms. Bellino 3/28/14

No comments:

Post a Comment