Friday, August 8, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Fill


Five Minute Friday
I've been missing Five Minute Friday so much. I hate to use the excuse that I've been "too" busy. I have been busy, but not too busy. My mom just gently chastised me to not stop doing what I love for any reason. Ironically, doing what I love fills me up. And so doing what I love helps me to pour out. In my recent transition I feel myself trying to adjust on every side. Some sides are easier than others. Ultimately it's one of the most beautiful transitions of my life. But, it's still an adjustment. I'm losing a lot of my independence and the false safety that comes with it, but I am gaining a lifetime with the love of my life. It's a bittersweet death that I choose. I am learning as I keep taking steps forward. I am confident that this is exactly where God has me and it is going to be a crazy beautiful adventure. I feel thankful. Though I am leaving parts of me behind, my mom reminded me to fan the fire of my loves and passions that are inside me. Here's to coming back to Five Minute Fridays and staying true to writing exercises that fill me up and keep me grounded and alive. Thanks to my mom for breathing life in me.

8/8/14 My mom's first Five Minute Friday. I love her heart.
There are a lot of things that I'd love to be filled with. I want to be filled with love, empathy, kindness, mercy, grace, sympathy, adventure, goodness, peace, servitude. I want to be filled with everything good in this world until I feel I could BURST! Most importantly I would love to be able to fill everyone on this earth with these feelings and emotions. I want my glass filled, not 1/2 full-all the way to the brim, spilling over into others' glasses. End. 

8/8/14 My Five Minute Friday
Oh how I love to be full. How I love when others are full. I long for it deeply. And I ache. These x-ray eyes that see dark emptiness. This sensitivity that feels my own. Our earths without form and void. And we all just want to be filled up. One of the things I love most about God is that His filling up produces this pure pouring out. We can be filled up by a lot of things. We take drinks-the emptiness is too much to bear. But there's this Light. Right after it says the earth was without form and void, it says "LET THERE BE LIGHT". End.



No comments:

Post a Comment