Friday, April 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Friend

This was my most favorite prompt, yet. I absolutely loved listening to their sweet, little hearts write about what "friend" means to them. I also loved some of the creative twists that were in the mix. We wrote outside today in the sunshine which totally added to the happiness we get from doing this activity together. I am noticing that they are now coming in on Fridays and looking straight to the board for our prompt. And then, their giddy reaction is priceless. I feel the same when I'm writing it. Underneath, I add "I can't wait to write with you!" I mean in from the bottom of my heart. I love them. I love this...

Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday with 4A
"Friend"
This is hard for me because there's two people I want to write about. Then, I just start feeling thankful for what a friend is. As you grow older friendships are deeper. Some come, and some go. But some, are forever. Some are unconditional. Some, are the very place where you feel safe. Safe to be completely you in whatever state. There's no trying. Just "being". You, at your best. You, at your worst. There's no fear. Or anxiety or insecurity. Just unconditional love. Some kind of super-natural bond. For me, that's JAE. Old. For me, that's Thomas. New. One is not silver and the other gold. They're both gold. Both, the most precious treasure.

Five Minute Friday with 4C
"Friend"
In my last writing, I mentioned that as you get older, friendships are deeper. I'm sad to say, that at a young age, some or most of my friendships were mixed with acceptance issues. I despise insecurity so much. It's a ghost from my past that sometimes comes back to haunt me. If I only knew then what I know now. And this is not outer. Or about anyone else. This is inner. It's about me. The sad part is- I can't go back. The joyful part is-I can pour out all that I've learned and all that I'm still learning into my students and future children. I can teach them about diversity and uniqueness. I can teach them importance of loving yourself.

Five Minute Friday with 4B
"Friend"
My mom! My mother. My friend. It's one of the most beautiful things in the world to experience this transformation in your relationship with your mother. She's truly one of my best, most sacred friends. One of my most favorite friends. The things we share. The way we share. The way our hearts dance and connect and grow. The way iron sharpens iron. The way softness soothes and comforts and encourages. I'm better because of her. My best friend when I was a little girl. We did everything together. I was her only one. We dreamed of my sister. We fell in love with my brother. Then, jumping into my adulthood we reconnect in a much different way. A deep, rich friendship grew. And now, I'm so much in love with us and with her. More than ever. My mother, my friend.

Miss Bellino's heart- 4/25/14



2 comments:

  1. I love the different nuances on friendship. Some of the words that stuck out to me were safe, deep, acceptance. I am visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete